Senior IT engineer
You are the technical leader for our internal IT department, with special attention to security and our enterprise architecture.
What You Do
As a Senior IT Engineer you make sure the IT foundation is solid, for us all, to deliver our services. The environment is broad and dynamic: multiple Microsoft 365 and Azure tenants, centrally maintained Linux-servers, Mac endpoints and besides headquarters in Utrecht multiple smaller locations in Germany. For automating Terraform, Ansible and Python are the primary tools. You make sure new IT requirements or wishes find their place under the sun, while you make sure existing components keep getting better. You execute technical the more complex work yourself. With your knowledge and experience you coach your colleagues to help them execute their own IT projects. They can also contact you as a technical escalation point.
Your focus is the design and overview our IT-landscape. You help to securely configure new systems and help to secure existing systems better. This makes you a technical sparring partner for the CTO (Chief Technology Officer), SOC (Security Operations Centre) and the Security & Privacy Office.
The internal IT department is a team of 3 IT engineers, supported by the technical experts from the other Northwave “Bytes” teams (CERT, Blue Team, Red Team and Development). You report to the Teamlead Engineering.
Your development is important to us. We are growing fast as a company and this gives you the opportunity to grow with us. How you manifest this depends on your own wishes and ambitions and the technical developments within Northwave.
- Working for a specialized Cybersecurity company
- Building technical, secure solutions
- Maintain the overview of an ever-evolving IT landscape
- Automating things is second nature
- When a new vulnerability drops you immediately ask yourself, am I vulnerable?
What we expect from you
- Extensive experience as an engineer (at least 5 years)
- Extensive experience with designing and running IT infrastructure
- Broad technical knowledge
- Experience with scripting or programming, ideally in Python
- An independent and structured way of working
What you can expect from us
- Macbook, iPhone and company car
- 25 vacation days
- Salary range: €4000 - €6000 euro, dependent on your knowledge and experience. Plus 8% holiday allowance.
- Good retirement arrangement
- Company wide courses and individual training opportunities to further develop yourself
- 225+ passionated colleagues to work with and learn from
- Fun company events and parties, check our working at page here for an overview